Ordering, Shipping & Return Policies
Express Consent & E-News
Wire Expressions will only send up to 6 emails per year to customers or individuals who have provided provided express consent to receive E-News. At any time please send an email or reply to Wire Expressions requesting to be removed from the list.
Existing Wire Expressions subscribers prior to July 1, 2014 will continue to receive communications up until July 1, 2017. At which point those emails will be removed, unless express consent has been received, or an unsubscribe request has been received prior to this date.
**IMPORTANT! In order to ensure quick removal, please either reply to an email using the email address the newsletter was sent to, or provide your name and email address that you receive the emails at. A one time confirmation of removal will be sent. If you do not receive this confirmation, your request may have been lost in cyber space...please bug us again to remove you!
**A note about posted contact information for Wire Expressions - The Canadian Anti-Spam Law states that the mailing address of the sender be on all email advertising communication. Wire Expressions is a small home business for the security of the artisan's family, this is information that will be provided on a need to know basis only. If you require this information, please feel free to contact Kristi at wireexpressions (at) shaw (dot) ca or 403-247-9397.
We value the privacy of your information
The long and short of this is Wire Expressions is dedicated to protecting your information and will not share any of your personal information unless required by law or in order to reasonably conduct it's business (like to mail your order, or add your email to Mail Chimp).
Your personal Information - Wire Expressions will only the information that is neccessary for completeing your order or request. This information may include your Frist & Last name, Mailing Address, Phone number & Email, and any information you provide for completing the order. Some of this information will be kept onfile on Wire Expressions secure server for accounting and tax purposes for as long as required by law. Typically within Canada businesses are required to maintain records for seven years. The exception to this is contact information which is provided for the purposes of receiving Wire Expressions E-news - and you may ask to have this information removed anytime you wish!
Your Information and Your Rights - You have the right to request what information Wire Expressions has collected about you and how we use that information. You also have the right to request that it be changed or deleted.
Sharing Your Information - The circumstances in which Wire Expressions may share your data with a third party are:
To comply with obligations to fulfill your order.
With delivery companies to fulfil your order.
To provide you with email newsletters when you provide your Express Consent. (Consent may be withdrawn at any time.)
To comply with legal or tax obligations.
Cookies & Vistior Tracking - Wire Expressions reviews website and Etsy site traffic data using Google Analytics and Etsy Stats. This information is not linked to specific individuals. Wire Expressions Wix site also utilizes cookies to provide the services and features offered on our website, and to improve our user experience. As a user you may disable cookies through your browser. Learn More about Cookies.
Credit Card Data - Wire Expressions does not keep any credit card numbers on file. All credit card transactions go through trusted third party payment pocessors that are committed to utilizing the most up to date data-encyrption. The only credit card information that Wire Expressions may have access to through these service providers include your name, type of card used, and occasionally the last 4-digits of your card number.
Social Media - Wire Expressions Social Media Profiles (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc) are open to the public. Any information posted by other users on Wire Expressions' Social Media profiles is done so at their own risk, acknowledging that these are public profiles available for anyone to read. Offensive language, innapropriate comments will not be tolerated and will be deleted.
Reviews - Some sites that Wire Expressions uses will request a user to leave a review. Users are not required to leave reviews. If users choose to leave Wire Expressions a review the review may have the customer's name or user name available for public viewing. This is dependent on the profile settings set by the individual customer in their individual accounts. Reviews which contain profanity, inappropriate content, or information not related to the product reviewed will be removed by the service provider.
Other important information...
❉ Notes about the manufacturing process:
Each item is handmade without the aid of a jig therefore slight variations in size or shape may occur from one similar piece to another. I do not make one of kind pieces, so slight variations may be seen from the photo to the actual item you receive. Tool marks may be slightly visible on some pieces. (i.e. the lettering where the wire folds over itself). This is not considered a defect.
❉ Wire Expressions is manufactured in a smoke & pet free environment.
❉ Wire Expressions contains small parts and may have sharp or rough edges and therefore is not suitable for children.
❉ Wire Expressions is located in Calgary, AB Canada
© All content in my shop including designs, photos and descriptions are copyright Wire Expressions™. Please Do Not Copy designs, use photo's or product descriptions without express written consent of the Designer & Owner. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Thank you for honoring the work I put into making a unique product.
So we all know what to expect when you order!
All the current ordering, shipping and return policies are posted in Wire Expressions Etsy Shop here: www.etsy.com/ca/shop/WireExpressions/policy
If you have any questions about ordering from Wire Expressions please send a message!
Payments made through Wire Expressions are processed through Square. Square keeps your payment information secure. Wire Expressions will never receive your credit card information.
❉ What forms of payment do you accept?
All Major Credit Cards, Wire Expressions Square Gift Cards, PayPal (upon request)
❉ Local customers can contact me if you would like to pay by e-transfer and pick your order up to save on shipping.
❉ Orders will not made or shipped until full payment is received.
❉ Items are listed in Canadian Funds (CAD). Any mention of prices in listing descriptions or through correspondence from me will always be in CAD.
IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION! Please read all shipping information carefully. If you have any concerns or questions about an order that has already shipped I am pleased to help work it out!
❉ What methods do you offer for shipping and how long does it take?
**Canada Post and USPS are stating that due to an increase in online ordering and mandated COVID-19 safety measures for social distancing they are experiencing delivery delays.
** STANDARD SHIPPING **
These orders will be sent by Canada Post Letter Mail. This service does NOT provide tracking, however it is usually fairly quick during non holiday times. Usual standard shipping times: 4-7 business days in Canada. 7-14 business days to USA *from date of shipping. *COVID-19 Note: due to an increase
** UPGRADED SHIPPING **
NEW!!! Upgrade your shipping from Standard Letter Mail to the following:
--> USA - USPS First Class Package or FedEx 3-Day* Service - both options include tracking and faster US Customs clearance. *Only Fed-Ex includes insurance of $100 USD. These upgrades are driven across the US border by a third party courier. In rare cases this service may add 1-3 days to the processing time of your order as the drop off location is a significant drive from my studio, you will receive a notification regarding any extra processing time though. Usual USPS Upgraded Shipping times: 4-7 business days *from the shipping date.
--> CANADA - Registered Letter Mail or Expedited Parcel - includes a tracking number and insurance of $100 CDN. This option may require a signature for delivery. (Service used will be at the discretion of the shop owner depending on your location and the actual cost of shipping, in most cases it will be Registered Letter). Usual Upgraded Shipping times: 4-7 business days *from the shipping date.
If you need your order within a specific RUSH time period please contact me prior to ordering to find out if your order can be shipped in time. Sorry, regardless of service choice, I cannot make guarantees on delivery dates, as I do not control what happens in the postal service.
❉ When will my order ship?
Typically In stock orders will ship within 1-3 business days. Made to Order, Custom Orders and Volume Order times may vary.
❉ Where do you ship?
Orders ship to Canada & the United States to the address on the order. Before you click order, please double check to make sure it is correct. I'm happy to ship to other countries too, please contact me to get a shipping quote.
❉ What about Customs & Duty?
Wire Expressions is located in Canada. It is your responsibility to be aware of the customs policies set by your own country and to pay all fees that may be applied. Packages which are refused and returned to sender will only be refunded as per my return policies less shipping or restocking fees and any other fees incurred by myself to collect the package back.
❉ What if my package has not arrived?
It is very rare for packages not to arrive. If your package is late and has not arrived within 10 business days from the shipment date, please contact me so I know. My policy is then to wait the following additional number of days for it to arrive.
CANADA - 10 additional Business Days
USA - 20 additional Business Days (12 additional Business Days for upgraded shipping)
INTERNATIONAL - 35 additional Business Days
After this total time, if the package has not shown up at your address or back at mine, then your order will be re-shipped as originally ordered (Refunds will not be issued).
***Shipping times may occasionally take longer, due to peak holiday times, weather, or other postal disruptions.***
***Business Day is defined as Mon-Fri excluding statutory holidays.***
❉ Undeliverable Mail / Incorrect Addresses
PLEASE make sure your address is correct & complete and that you are able to receive mail at the address provided. Orders are shipped to the address as it is listed on the order. If you move or provide an address or zip code that is incorrect, your package will most likely be returned. The return mail process can take several weeks. When a returned order is received, I will make attempts to contact you (the buyer) to provide a correct & current address where the order can be reshipped to. Cost of re-shipping the order will be at the buyers expense (Free Shipping promotions will not apply on orders that have to be re-shipped).
NOTE: If it’s my error, I’ll own it and cover the cost to reship your order! If it’s yours…I will do my best to work with you to resolve it, but the cost of replacement or reshipping will be up to you to cover. If you choose not to have it reshipped, or if I do not hear back from you after reasonable attempts to contact you, a refund will only be issued for items received by me for the CAD value of the order less original shipping and any applicable restocking fees. Personalized or custom made orders or any other items which are non-refundable according to my return policy will not be refunded if you choose not to have it reshipped or contact with you is unsuccessful.
❉ Shipping for holiday’s, peak times & special occasions
I really wish I could control the weather, the postal workers, and just how many people may be shipping this and that at peak times during the year…I can’t, so I suggest ordering early to avoid disappointment. Since I do not control what happens within the postal service, I cannot make guarantees on delivery times. Sorry, Refunds or credits are not issued if orders do not arrive in time for special events or holidays and items will only be re-shipped after the above time has passed.
❉ Personalization NOTE: Many of my items require information from you to be personalized. If you place an order and fail to provide all information requested such as bead colors or names, then I need to contact you via email.
- In some cases (such as requiring bead colors) I will make the choice for you. First, I will attempt to contact you one (1) time. If you do not respond, I will make the order as seen on the first photo, or by what is the most popular choice for that item. In my communication to you I will state the action I will take if I do not hear back from you within a certain time period. This will not delay shipping, it will be shipped within the processing time stated on your order. No refunds or credits will be issued if you are unhappy with the choice I make.
- If I require a name or other very specific information that I cannot choose on your behalf, I will attempt to contact you three (3) times. This may delay shipping of your order beyond the original processing time. If I do not receive a response from you, your order will be canceled and refunded in full.
- Please check your email after placing personalized orders to avoid delays or the cancellation of your order.
Returns and Exchanges
❉ I changed my mind and I'd like to cancel my order.
Please contact me immediately if you wish to cancel. Cancellations can only be accepted if your order is not already in production and/or has not been shipped yet. (Sometimes I do ship same day).
❉ I'm not satisfied with an item I received, Can I return it?
Yes you can with the following conditions:
• Contact me within 3 days of receiving your item to receive return shipping instructions.
• Return the item unworn/unused, and in its original packaging, postmarked within 3 days of contacting me.
• Orders that were shipped with any FREE SHIPPING promotion will be subject to a 15% restocking fee (except in cases where the item is defective).
• Earrings with ear-wires can be returned but are subject to a $3.50 CAD return fee. (So the earring hooks can be swapped for hygiene reasons). If the earring hook or stud can be removed and replaced on a new pair, I am happy to discuss an earring exchange and waive this fee.
• Return shipping costs will be your responsibility and refunds or exchanges will only be made once the item has been received by Wire Expressions and inspected to be in the same condition it was shipped in. *****NOTE*****: Shipping from outside Canada: to avoid extra charges, you MUST contact me BEFORE returning your order. See Note below about international returns.
• If an item is damaged during shipping, good quality photo proof is required of BOTH the damaged product AND the packaging. (Please hang onto the item as it may be requested back). A replacement item will be sent once these conditions are met.
Sorry, refunds or exchanges will NOT be issued on the following items:
• Toe-rings or earrings where the part that goes through your ear is part of a continuous piece of wire to make up part of the earring design. (For hygiene reasons)
• Items labelled as ‘Final Sale’ or ‘Clearance’
• Personalized, Custom Designed items, or Large volume orders.
• Deposits or Other Fees associated with personalized orders, custom orders large volume orders, or where supplies were ordered in specifically for your order.
• Returns or exchanges will NOT be accepted on special occasion orders after the date of the event.
❉ INTERNATIONAL RETURNS - To my US & International Customers: You MUST contact me BEFORE returning or refusing your order. Returns MUST be sent by regular post (USPS) only to the address which I will provide you. The return must be clearly marked "RETURNED MERCHANDISE" on the outside of the package. I reserve the right to refuse packages sent any other way, as there may be large fees for other carriers to clear the package through customs into Canada. NOTE: orders with upgraded shipping, which are ‘Refused’ or ‘Return to Sender’ will be subject to a $25 CAD restocking fee plus original shipping amount unless you contact me first to get the correct return shipping address.
❉ Once the item is received by me, a refund less applicable shipping or restocking fees will be issued in CAD funds back to your original method of payment. I am happy to answer any questions prior to purchasing if you are not sure about my policies or an item in my shop. I strive to prove a great customer experience and love interacting with my customers!
Policies may be updated at anytime, without notice. These policies were last updated: May 27, 2020
If you have any questions about your privacy, please contact Kristi through wireexpressions (at) shaw (dot) ca or 403-247-9397.
COVID-19 and ordering from Wire Expressions
At this time, Wire Expressions has no markets or events planned until the fall. Online orders are still being accepted. The beauty of buying online, is we don’t need to have face to face contact! According to the Public Healthy Agency of Canada, Cornaviruses have a low survivability on surfaces and therefore pose little risk of spreading from parcels shipped over several days.
I will continue to monitor this situation to ensure that I am doing what I can on my end to provide great service and keep everyone healthy!
For the time being, I will continue to operate online business as ‘usual’ while also being mindful of keeping everyone healthy. If for some reason I cannot fill your order or ship it prior to the ship by date, I will contact you to either hold your order for shipping at a later date or to cancel and refund your order in full.
Measures I am taking:
- Thorough hand washing prior to handling & packaging orders.
- Maintaining a clean work area and tools.
- Less frequent post office trips - to minimize my family's exposure (Plus, I am also a full time homeschooling teacher mom now - so my time is much more divided.)
- Limited trips for upgraded shipping until this is over - this minimizes the amount of potential exposure to COVID-19. At my own post office, I can walk in without touching the doors (as they are automatic). I can go when it is quiet. My post office knows me and knows exactly how to label my packages while I stand 2 meters back and I can use tap to pay - My exposure risk is minimal at my local post office.
- Maintaining social distancing when when I do need to leave my home.
- Taking care of my own health and the health of my family & friends around me to prevent getting sick in the first place!
- Committed to self-isolating if myself or a member of my family become sick (even just with a common cold) - This will mean orders will not ship during this period. Should this happen, any outstanding orders will be notified.
Things that are beyond my control:
- Other people who handle packages once it has been dropped off with Canada Post
- Shipping delays that occur as a result of Increased shipping volumes through postal carriers, restrictions on travel, employee shortages, service shutdowns or any other restrictions imposed by local government authorities that could affect the processing or delivering of mail.
*Please note: Canada Post and USPS are stating that due to an increase in online ordering and mandated safety measures for social distancing they are experiencing delivery delays.
LOCAL ORDERS for PICK UP: Local customers, can contact me to inquire about doorstep pick up in the Calgary area. Most items fit in an envelope, so shipping is very minimal for local orders too.
UPGRADED SHIPPING: Due to the nature of how USA destined upgraded shipping is processed, it is much more difficult for me to social distance, so therefore I will not be using USPS upgraded shipping options for as long as necessary depending on how long this plays out. I will contact anyone who upgrades their shipping to USPS/FedEx with their options prior to shipping the order.
DELAYED PACKAGES: Once your order is in the postal system, it is out of my hands. Please note: there is the potential for delays in postal service during this situation due to but not limited to employee shortages, restricted travel or other restrictions imposed by local government authorities. If your package is delayed please see my shop shipping policies for more information about how delayed packages are handled. If you have any questions about the shipment of your order, don’t hesitate to contact me!
Please note: Canada Post and USPS are stating that due to an increase in online ordering and mandated safety measures for social distancing they are experiencing delivery delays.
If you have any questions about ordering from Wire Expressions please send a message! Stay Healthy!
Last updated: May 27, 2020